2 DIY Thanksgiving Ideas For Adults
HOUSTON – It’s the season to get creative!
Alexis Geissler, owner and founder of CraftWorx in Richmond Arrived by Houston Life with 2 Easy DIY Projects You Can Make At Home Before Thanksgiving.
These crafts are perfect if you are hosting guests or as a gift if you are at someone else’s house for a holiday meal.
Geissler demonstrated the simple steps to create a turkey cutlery and stovetop simmer tray.
Watch Geissler’s full interview in the video above.
For the full instructions, continue reading below.
â¢ Terracotta pot
â¢ Artificial leaf / leaves
â¢ Brown felt, foam or paper
â¢ Orange felt, foam or paper
â¢ Red felt, foam or paper
â¢ Decorations such as raffia, buttons, etc.
â¢ Googley eyes
â¢ Hot glue gun
â¢ Filling such as candies or succulents
1) Glue the leaf (s) to the bottom of the pot.
2) Cut out turkey shapes – Body, beak and waddle.
3) Glue the body to the pot.
4) Add the beak, waddle and eyes.
5) Add embellishments.
6) Fill with items such as candy or a succulent.
7) Sit at each place setting and enjoy!
Simmer tray on the stove
â¢ Tray, cup, pot or other container
â¢ Dried fruits such as oranges, cranberries, apples
â¢ Spices such as star anise, cinnamon, candied ginger, cloves
â¢ Other fragrant items such as vanilla pods, rosemary, bay leaves, pine needles
â¢ Items to decorate the container, if desired (paint, stickers, etc.)
â¢ Cellophane for wrapping items if you are not using the jar
â¢ Ribbon to add a decorative touch
â¢ Instructions for simmering
1) Gather the materials to include in the simmer (recipes can be found online.)
2) Decorate the tray or jar, if desired.
3) Wrap the items if they are in bulk and place them in a container (not necessary in a jar).
4) Place the decorative ribbon and attach the instruction card.
5) Gift to the host or hostess!
If you’re looking to make something special and personalized for your vacation this year but don’t have the time to create it, Geissler and his team can do it for you!
To contact Geissler or to see all of his custom projects, visit his website here.
Instructions provided by Alexis Geissler.
Copyright 2021 by KPRC Click2Houston – All rights reserved.