Art Shop Supervisor – Western Morning News
We are looking for a team member to work 37 hours per week in the art shop at our Bower Ashton studios. The Art Shop hours of operation are 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Internal training will be provided although retail experience is essential.
You may be required to work during UWE holiday weeks and open days.
The daily duties of the role include:
- Provide excellent customer service
- Be responsible for the daily management of the store; including opening, closing and collection at the end of each day
- Use and maintain point of sale (POS) equipment
- Engage with student customers and staff and provide expert advice on the full range of stock items
- Daily housekeeping of retail space and Art Shop stash
- Deal with face-to-face, email and phone inquiries in a friendly and approachable manner
- Processing of online sales received via the UWE online store
- Support and promote the continued growth of the Art Shop‘s online presence
- Supervise and coordinate the Art Shop staff team
- Maintain good relationships with existing suppliers, identify new suppliers as needed
- Maintain inventory levels and efficiently meet demand throughout the academic year
- Ordering and supplying the relevant stock using the Agresso purchasing system
- Verify deliveries accurately and respond appropriately to any discrepancies
- Work with a range of colleagues to identify new products and stock lines to meet requirements
- Ensure the continuous improvement of the faculty’s art shop offer
The Art Shop team would particularly welcome applications from creative arts graduates or individuals with equivalent experience in the arts/creative industries sector and knowledge of art materials, equipment and processes.
You are an experienced retail supervisor with excellent customer service and communication skills. You can build relationships with suppliers, customers and other stakeholders, ranging from sourcing supplies to processing sales and can respond to customer inquiries in a knowledgeable, approachable and friendly manner. Ideally, you are familiar with working in a small team and with online retail and have the ability to use a variety of different internal computer systems.
Further information :
This position is based at Bower Ashton Studios – part of our City Campus in Bristol city center and home to UWE Bristol’s creative and cultural subjects.
We are ambitious and driven values university.
With inclusivity as a core value, UWE Bristol recognizes the power of a truly diverse university community.
In addition to progressive pay rates, we offer a wide range of social advantages.
We particularly encourage applications from Black, Asian, multi-heritage or other minority ethnic applicants as we are currently under-represented in these areas within UWE Bristol, but all appointments are strictly based on individual merit.
To discuss the role, please contact Stephen Larkin on 0117 328 5852 or email: [email protected]
This position is not available on a job-sharing basis.
This role is campus-based for all of your time.
This position requires basic DBS clearance.
We are unable to provide sponsorship for this role under the Home Office Skilled Worker visa route. Applicants must be able to provide their own right to work in the UK.
If you are shortlisted, you will be asked to provide your right to work documents during your interview.
UWE does not cover visa or health supplement costs.