Fall craft ideas from recycled materials
Celebrate the change of seasons AND divert some trash from the waste stream with these awesome recycled fall craft ideas. Eco-responsible decoration can be fun and easy!
1.book page banner. The spare look of these looks especially nice in the fall.
2.Reserve the pumpkin. Use one of these Reader’s Digest Condensed books. Nobody likes it.
3. cabinet door sign. An old cabinet door makes a very beautiful wreath, with a space in the middle for a chalk message.
4. Easter egg acorns. It’s a great way to recycle plastic Easter eggs.
5.Autumn tree lights. Turn recycled tissue paper and glass jars into these magical lanterns.
6. Flannel hand warmer. Cut out an old flannel shirt and make these hand warmers.
7.book leaf and page garland. Instead of the crepe paper sheets requested in this tutorial, use real sheets for a combo of naturalness and recycling.
8.Painted mason jars. I use my mason jars for real, so I like to substitute recycled spaghetti or salsa jars for the same look.
9.jigsaw puzzle tree. I LOVE upcycling puzzle pieces!
10.Recycled cardboard letters. Don’t buy those big cardboard letters from the craft store to decorate your coat, make your own instead!
11. Recycled paper pumpkins. It might be a little too early for pumpkins, but it’s not too early for pumpkins!
12. scarecrow pot. Recycle a jar of spaghetti sauce instead of using a new plastic jar.
13. scrap wood sign. Two planks of wooden pallets would work well for this.
14. pumpkins sweater. Turn old sweaters into cozy pumpkins.
15. apple core toilet paper tube. Do this project with the children after you return from the apple orchard.
16.stamping toilet paper tube sheets. Some of you love toilet paper tube crafts and some of you hate them – this tutorial is for those of you who love them!
17. recycled cardboard leaf garland. I love to print templates for all kinds of leaves on the internet, to give my garland a ton of variety.
18. wooden pallet pumpkin. Cut your leftovers into this pumpkin for your porch.
19.wooden pallet panel. The painting transforms an old wooden palette into a festive fall greeting.
20. rolled sheets. Cut leaf shapes out of recycled cardboard, then give the kids your scraps of yarn and let them play!