Solutions Architect (JHB) at Datafin Recruitment
ANALYZE clients’ process flows and business strategy while preparing design documents and supporting sales staff as the next solutions architect sought by a full-spectrum outsourced IT service provider to join its Joburg division. You will also be responsible for adapting customer requirements to systems or technical requirements, participating in project meetings and supporting sales staff. The ideal candidate should preferably possess an appropriate tertiary qualification, have 3-5 years of solution architecture experience in an IT environment, have strong technical engineering experience on MS Azure, Sophos, Backup, Connectivity and knowledge advanced Microsoft solutions (cloud, security, and licensing) and professional services: digital, cloud, security, and ERP offerings or other large-scale consulting engagements that include national and global delivery.
Sales Support –
- Demonstrate the ability to provide a customer with a roadmap from their current IT environment to the proposed solution.
- Analyze and define customer business strategy and determine system architecture requirements to achieve business objectives.
- Understand business needs and translate them into technical solutions based on the chosen platform.
- Define, document and communicate architectures based on customer needs.
- Champion all product offerings with key accounts and distribution partners.
- Provide an expert level of cloud and security technology and market understanding to deliver solutions of high complexity.
- Participate in or lead the determination of scope of work, product and service pricing models, and analysis of RFPs and/or RFIs.
- Assist sales teams in developing and selecting the optimal technical solution within standard product definitions.
- Provide proposals for cloud and security products and solutions that meet the customer’s specified requirements.
Technical knowledge –
- Research and maintain an understanding of sourcing trends in the market and understand the role of new technologies in driving the effectiveness of cloud, security, backup, connectivity and compliance services and products.
- Regular assessment of existing and emerging technologies.
- Understand the needs of your partners and bring together the right resources with direct authority.
- Meet potential customers to develop, maintain and demonstrate relationships.
- Apply and demonstrate a structured sales process using solution selling and account management practices.
- Use detailed and comprehensive industry knowledge and experience to develop and support project strategies and advise and support team members and project partners.
- Travel occasionally to customer site as required.
- Graduate degree is preferred.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in solutions architecture in an IT company.
- Solid background in technical engineering on Microsoft Azure, Sophos, backup, connectivity, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft solutions (cloud, security and licensing) and professional services: digital, cloud, security and ERP offerings or other large-scale consulting engagements including national and global delivery.
- Work effectively with Microsoft and other partners to grow their business volume.
- Motor vehicle.
- Preview, identify and deliver quick and effective solutions to unforeseen circumstances.
- Agility to respond to new situations by modifying your performance and adopting new skills and abilities.
- Design and position results-oriented business proposals.
- Able to act as a trusted advisor to meet the business needs of our clients.
- Strong communication skills including presenting on general and industry specific topics.
- Hard work and flexibility.
- Pleasant layout.
- Well dressed.
Although we would really like to respond to every application, if you are not contacted for this position within 10 working days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
When applying for a job, make sure you meet the minimum job requirements. OnlySouth African citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not at the stated location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all job applications and correspondence. Please email a word copy of your CV to [Email Address Removed] and mention the reference numbers of the works. We have a job listing on [URL Removed] Datafin IT Recruitment – Jobs in Cape Town.
Find out more/Apply to this position